Sunday, March 18, 2007

NEW: Cyndi's List Blog

Cynd's List of Genealogy Sites on the Internet (www.CyndisList.com) is a free, categorized & cross-referenced index to genealogical resources on the Internet. Cyndi's List is almost 11 years old. Does everyone know about the site? Does everyone use the site to get the most out of it?

Every day I think of things that I wish I could say to the people who use my site. I reply to many e-mails with some of the things I want to say, but I rarely hear back from people. I wonder if visitors ever read my messages. I wonder if they ever read the instructions, or the hints, or the bits of advice I put throughout my web pages on how to best use the site.

I doubt it. So, I started this blog. I'm going to use this spot to post my random thoughts, wishes, and periodic rants. I hope you all find this useful. If nothing else I get things off my chest and won't have to mutter to myself as often.

Cyndi

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rants! I love rants! So rant on Cyndi, I think your list ROCKS! So...I know your Rants are going to be great!

Drew Smith said...

Yes, more rants! I live vicariously through the ranting of others!

Becky Wiseman said...

Welcome to the genea-blog world! I use your site all the time and am looking forward to your tips, and even your rants!

Anonymous said...

From a greatful and loyal subscriber,
Love your website and I enjoy your new List Blog....Keep up the good work. Your lists have been very helpful in my Morin research as well as my Sholar research. Thanks for all the information you have provided to me. My thanks and respect for all the hard work you put into your website to help each and everyone of us in our research.

Joe said...

Didn't you know you were supposed to start your blog in April 2006 like the rest of us did? :)

Seriously, welcome to the genealogy blogosphere.

Lynn said...

Cyndi - Thanks for starting a blog. I have been checking Cyndi's List since you had about 20,000 links and thought it was wonderful then. I really appreciate your efforts on that site. I think the blog is a great idea!

Your Ancestors Free.Com said...

Your site was the only one when i first started research to have any information on County Down. Now i have my own Blog to help other people. Those big guys are making too much money.